Who We Are
The South County Economic Development Council (South County EDC or SCEDC), a 501c3 non-profit organization was formed in 1989 by a group of South San Diego County business and community leaders, to promote education and encourage economic development in the South San Diego County Region.
Our member cities include Chula Vista, Coronado, Imperial Beach, National City, San Diego, San Diego County, and the Port of San Diego. We also work with our partners in the northern portion of Baja California in the cities of Mexicali, Tijuana, Tecate, Rosarito and Ensenada.
What We Do
- Encourage private investment.
- Promote diversified residential and overall business development.
- Publicize the cultural, educational, social, and geographical opportunities
- Serve as an advocate for the area’s public and private interests.
- Promote understanding and nurture bi-national business growth.
To improve and enhance South County’s bi-national economy, image and quality of life and to heighten public awareness of Southern California’s most desirable location to live, work and dream.
Board of Directors
SCEDC Board Officers and Executive Board
XEWT Channel 12/Televisa
NEIGHBORHOOD NATIONAL BANK
Golden Realty Group
Higgs Fletcher & Mack
Otay Water District
SCEDC Dignitary Council
County of San Diego
Port of San Diego
City of Chula Vista
Mayor Pro Tem
City of Imperial Beach
City of National City
City of San Diego